GaryCon IX Open Gaming: Against the Cult of the Reptile God

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rogue, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Rogue

Rogue Level 0 Character

This was not my first GaryCon but it was probably my favorite so far. I was only able to attend on Saturday, March 25th but it was worth it. I had a great group of players for my open gaming session where I ran the AD&D 1st edition module N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God, utilizing 2nd edition rules.

It was an impromptu game but it worked out surprisingly well. I was worried that it would be tough to fill the table with no advance warning but with a little help, I managed to get 7 players at my table fairly quickly.

I was fortunate to not only get enough participants, but they were excellent players as well. Despite having to abbreviate the module because of time constraints, everyone enjoyed the game, which lasted approximately 5 hours. Sometimes being a DM can be a chore but this group made it really fun. I haven’t laughed so much in a long time.

I wanted to again thank all the players that participated and I look forward to gaming with you all in the future. Unfortunately, I did not get anyone’s contact information. If you were one of the players that night, feel free to contact me via these message boards.

Poindexter likes this.
  2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Awesome module; glad it worked out for you! I ran it once and killed a PC with an old woman. Good times.

Poindexter likes this.