What games are you running for Gary Con XI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoulCatcher78, Aug 6, 2018.

1. SoulCatcher78

SoulCatcher78 Level 0 Character

Last year I got drowned in trying to prep 3 separate games to run. This year I've decided to take a different approach and prep enough material to run 3 sessions of a hex crawl in the Sword Fish Islands setting using DCC (Lankhmar style - no clerics, no demi humans).

Now all I have to do is narrow down which of the amazing opportunities for adventure I want to run from the book and kick off playtests.

Ray Otus likes this.
  2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

It's easy to do. Hopefully I haven't done it again...
    Bringing back my Little War of the Worlds, Planet of the Apes and Aliens mini games, with new terrain for Aliens. Also developing a Castle Falkenstein game, an Alien board game and an introductory Dungeons Deep adventure.

Ray Otus and SoulCatcher78 like this.
  3. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I hope to run a silly little BX adventure or two. It's been too long since I ran anything at the con.

4. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Troubadour

I've submitted all my events:

* 3 qualifiers for the Circus Maximus Finals
    * Circus Maximus Finals
    * Wreckus Maximus
    * Moebius Maximus

I'm contemplating running a short 2 hour thing of Gaslands, but I already have 22 hours of stuff to run.

Ray Otus, SoulCatcher78 and dndgeek like this.
  5. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Edit: updated to reflect everything I've scheduled.

Thursday
    8AM - 10AM Paranoia: Soylent People are Green
    Noon - 4PM Cyborg Commando Tournament, Round 1
    6PM - 10PM Star Wars (d6): Ohnaka's Treasure

Saturday
    6PM - 10PM D&D (5E):Fairy, Faerie, Quite Contrary

Sunday
    10AM - Noon Paranoia: Soylent People are Green
    1PM - 3PM Paranoia: Clones in SPAAAAACE

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    SoulCatcher78 likes this.
  6. sir jon

sir jon Troubadour

Cyberpunk 2020. Every. Single. Day. (Except Sunday - that's for me).

7. Ray Otus

Ray Otus Level 0 Character

8. Ray Otus

YASS!

9. Ray Otus

@gizmomathboy - Circus Maximus used to be my first game every Gen Con! I love that system. I also like Circus Imperium, for a slightly more zany approach.

10. jonsnod

jonsnod Level 0 Character

I've submitted 5 events this year:

Thurs, 10-2: DCC Star Crawl- The Promethean Adventure "The Promethean was once a grand and luxurious space liner and its final voyage promises to be a grand event: unfortunately, it won't be the sort the passengers hoped for!
    This will be a 0-level DCC funnel in space, using Star Crawl rules."

Thurs, 2-6: Marvel Super Heroes: Savage Land Under Seige "Ka-Zar and Zabu have always managed to protect the many tribes of the Savage land, but when a new threat approaches, they'll need a little help from their friends!"

Fri, 10-2: Marvel Super Heroes: The Champions vs The World Crime League "The Champions have built a reputation fighting for justice and freedom across the world. But a secret global crime organization has decided these heroes need to be stopped! Are Kamala, Amadeus, and their teammates up to the challenge?"

Fri, 2-6: DCC XCrawl: Gladiator Moon "The Gladiator Moons of Chardon proudly present X-Crawl! This premier event will pit gladiators against challenges pulled from across the cosmos! Can our challengers survive the deadliest game in the universe?
    This no-holds-barred event will use DCC XCrawl rules in the Star Crawl setting. Characters will be provided and rules will be taught."

Sat, 2-6: DCC Star Crawl- Threen Station Zero "The Threen were wiped out centuries ago, but your crew has a lead on an intact Threen space station. It's surely loaded with valuable relics: but you'll have to beat the Serpine pirates to the prize!
    This will be a 2nd-level DCC adventure in space, using Star Crawl rules"

Poindexter, dndgeek and SoulCatcher78 like this.
  11. gmbarry

gmbarry Level 0 Character

Running a few games as usual, getting excited because I did not think I would go until GC12

Toon - Foo-Fuu Toon... Catch that Bird Thursday 10:00 AM (2 Hours)
    Dangerous Journeys - The Hour of the Wolf Thursday 6:00 PM (4 Hours)
    TOON - PizzaToon / A Toon Love Story Friday 9:00 AM (4 Hours)

The Greg Barry Invitational Drunken Dungeon Master Challenge Friday 6:00 PM (4 Hours)
    Pirates of Dark Water, The Lost Episode (Dragonscales RPG) (4 Hours)
    Sparkle Kitty Nights (Card Game, 2 Hours)

AD&D - AAAAHHHH Sunday 10:00 AM (4 Hours)
    Monty Python Fluxx Tournament (2 Hours)

http://gmbgaming.blogspot.com/2018/08/garycon-2019-yes-going-on-odd-year.html

12. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

Here's what I've got so far:

Thursday 8 am to Noon Buttons Bay
    Heart of the Forest Savage

Friday 8 am to 2 pm Loramoor A 004
    Storms Over Highmeadow: An Interlude in Eeltown

Friday 3 pm to 7 pm Loramoor A 004
    Heart of the Forest Savage

Friday 8 pm to 10 pm Grand Suite
    What’s a DM to Do?

Saturday 8 am to Noon Legends of Wargaming
    Brisfits over Flanders

D&D and Community: Serving Each Other for Decades (Panelist)
    Saturday Noon-2 pm Swinghurst

Sunday 10 am to 4 pm Linwood 101
    Storms Over Highmeadow: An Interlude in Eeltown

dndgeek and SoulCatcher78 like this.
  13. fmillard

fmillard Level 0 Character

GaryCon XI ... This year, I'll be running The Arachnid and The Boomerang, a Savage Worlds/Delta Green mash-up on Thursday morning and then on Friday afternoon. Then I'll be running The Void: Last Night at St Mary's, a Savage Worlds/Call of Cthulhu mash-up on Thursday afternoon and Saturday morning. And finally, for me anyhow, I'll be running a straight Savage Worlds game, Crisis at Castaway Cay, in which a Disney Cruise doesn't go quite the way it was planned. Hope everyone signed up! Have a great Con! Frank

dndgeek and SoulCatcher78 like this.
  14. EOTB

EOTB Level 0 Character

1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.

1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons as presented by Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperboria.

Scott308 and SoulCatcher78 like this.