Gary Con needs your events!
This year, we’re again using TableTop.Events to handle most of the convention’s nuts and bolts, including event submissions. To get started, you must have an account at TableTop.Events ( https://tabletop.events/ ) and obtain a Gary Con badge. If you ran 16 hours of events last year, you likely have a credit good for a four-day badge. Otherwise, you must purchase a badge. If you submit and run at least 16 hours of events this year, you’ll qualify for a $75 credit towards a badge for GC XI! Read more about GM rewards here.
Once you have your badge, you’re ready to begin submitting your events. Go to the conventions link at TableTop.Events, and click on Gary Con, then click the “Host” menu and select the “Submit Events”. That takes you to your My Event Submission page where you need to click on “New Submission” button.
This will take you to a form for submitting your first event. (Later this page will list all of your events and allow you quick access to view and/or edit them. See last screenshot below.)
Once you see the form, just work through all the fields, starting at the top of the page. Here’s a quick overview of all the fields:
- Event Type: Choose the entry from the menu that best fits your event.
- Name: Enter a title for your event. You’re free to choose any name you like, but please keep it family friendly. You’re limited to 60 characters, including punctuation and spaces, when entering an event name.
- Short Description: Enter a brief description for your event. Anything that’s relevant to your event and family friendly is acceptable. You’re limited to 400 characters here, including punctuation and spaces. The site shows you how many characters you have left as you type. Please type in whole words, with correct spelling. This short description is what will appear in any printed material we create about your event.
The short description field is required; however, you’re also be presented with an optional field for a longer description. If you enter something here, we’ll use your expanded description on our website and other electronic media. (Again, please keep it family friendly.) Keep in mind that the long entry is independent from your short entry. If you choose to enter a long description make it a complete description.
- Preferred Start Time: Choose a day and starting time for your event from the menu. When we schedule your event, we’ll do our utmost to give you your preferred starting time. You can see a list of key events each day here: (Link coming soon)
Reminder: Gary Con starts events on even numbered hours.
- Alternate Start Time: Please choose an alternate starting time is case we are unable to schedule your event at your preferred time.
- Duration: Choose a duration for your event from the menu. If you don’t see a value that exactly matches what you want, please choose the shortest duration that will fit your event.
- Max Tickets: Choose the number of tickets you’d like us to make available for your event.
- Age Range: Choose the entry that best fits your event from the menu. Keep in mind that this is only a guideline for people to use when registering for events.
- Player Experience: Choose the entry that best fits your event from the menu. Keep in mind that this is only a guideline for people to use when registering for events.
- Game System: Find your game system on the menu. If you cannot find an entry that fits, please choose “other” and enter your game system in the comments field at the bottom of the form. We will update our list of game systems as the convention approaches. (Note: Seminars / Workshops do not require the selection of a game system.)
- Table Size Preference: This is an optional field. If you would like to identify your preference, choose the entry that best fits your event from the menu. When we schedule your event, we’ll do our utmost to give you your preferred table size.
- Comments: Use this field to tell us anything you think the event staff should know about your event. If you chose the “other” entry in the game system field, please enter your game system here. NOTE: Only you and convention staff will be able to see what’s entered in this field.
Once you filled in all the fields on your form, please take a moment to look over everything, then you’re ready to identify that you agree to the rules and click the Create button.
Once you create your event, the system will alert the staff, who will review your event and either approve it, reject it, or ask for changes. This typically happens within one week. Once the staff makes a decision about your event, we will alert you with an email sent to the address you provided when you you created your TableTop.Events account. You also can see your event detail page by clicking on the Edit button.
Once you have submitted at least one event, you can go to My Events in your TableTop.Events page for the Gary Con X convention (https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-x/submit-events ) to see the status of your event. You also can use this page to submit additional events or to edit events you’ve submitted already. This page also allows you to clone events – very handy if you’re submitting several sessions of a single event.