Why should I volunteer at Gary Con?
For the great perks of course! No seriously, because we need excellent, capable volunteers to help us continue to make Gary Con the best gaming convention around. We appreciate you taking time to help everyone have a great experience. Here are the perks, and note that they are all cumulative at each step:
- Work 4 hours: Custom Gary Con Badge Wallet
- Work 8 hours: Access to Lounge and Soda Cup
- Work 16 hours plus: Badge refund or coupon for 25% off Gary Con Merchandise (one purchase)
- Work 24 hours plus: Signed Gary Con XI Module
Plus, Dead Dog Party Sunday 8:00 PM for anyone working 8 hours of more!
How do I become a volunteer?
Please fill out the form directly below and Frank or Cliff will contact you shortly! Or just go to the TTE Volunteer site to sign up for a shift at Gary Con XI!
Follow this link to TTE https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-xi-volunteer-site
1. “Buy” a badge (no charge) and you are now considered a Volunteer.
2. Click on Attend- Events Schedule to sign-up for your volunteer shifts. Just like you sign-up for games! Just like other events, look at the Available slots to see where we need help.
Please note that this badge is purely to pick volunteer “events”. You will still need a regular Gary Con badge for the convention.
What are my duties as a volunteer?
Volunteers assist with set-up and tear-down of the venue, manning the registration desk, merchandise sales, acting as runners and various other tasks. We’re always on the lookout for specialized skills, so if you think you have something to offer, let us know!
How do I get my badge type changed to volunteer?
Once you are accepted as a volunteer, we will make that change in the system.