Welcome to the Gary Con family! In order to attend, your first step is to purchase a badge. This badge is your ticket to get into the gaming area and take part in all the fun. There are different perks associated with the different badge levels. See the chart above for an easy way to compare badges. After purchasing a badge, you can register to host or play games. See the Events page for details and timing around submitting games you want to host or registering to play games. If you need lodging, see the Travel & Hotel page for more info.
There are 2 ways to purchase badges: pre-sale on the web before the Con or at the door on the day of the Con.
Pre-sale badges are purchased online through Tabletop Events and let you pre-register for Con events as soon as event registration goes live in January. All pre-sale badges give you access to the Con for all 4 days. There are no single day pre-sale badges available to purchase online. Certain pre-sale badge levels give you additional perks. See the badge chart at the top of this page for details.
Badges purchased at the door do not let you pre-register for Con events. You are left to chance to find open seats at games you wish to play. However, there are always open tables for open gaming for all badge holders. You can buy single day badges at the door.
Purchasing more than one badge
If you want to purchase badges for family members or other guests, you may add additional badges to your shopping cart prior to checkout. However, each attendee may only have one badge.
Benefits of different levels of badge levels
- Silver: This is overwhelmingly the most popular choice for Gary Con attendees! Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Standard Event Registration and 1 Featured Event.
- Gold: Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Early Event Registration, Up to 2 Featured Events, Official Gary Con T-Shirt, Stadium Cups and Swag Bag.
Very Important Gamer (VIG) Badges:
- Platinum: Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Premiere Event Registration, Up to 3 Featured Events, VIP Cocktail Reception (9 pm Thursday), Official T-Shirt and Platinum Swag Bag.
- Diamond: This level of access is only for the most dedicated fans — only a very few of these badges are available! Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Premiere Event Registration, Up to 4 Featured Events, VIP Cocktail Reception (9 pm Thursday), Official T-Shirt and Diamond Swag Bag.
- Youth: Children 8 and under require this badge to enter the Con, and must be with a legal guardian who has a valid Gary Con badge. Youth badges are free!
- Spectator: Reserved for family members who attend the convention but don’t play games — or for those that just want to wander the event, talk to attendees, VIP’s, and visit the Dealer Room. You cannot play games wearing a Spectator badge.
Badges at the door
Single day badges are available at the door for $25 per day every day. A different color badge will be sold for each day Thursday through Sunday. You may purchase any or all of the badges at one time.
Dungeon Master Discount
Dungeon Masters that successfully run multiple games will be entitled to special DM-only perks! See the Events page for more information.
What is the VIP cocktail reception?
The VIP-only Cocktail Reception is Thursday night in the hospitality lounge where you can rub elbows with the Gygax family, TSR alumni, Old Guard celebrities, and other special guests. When you purchase a Platinum or Diamond badge, you gain access to the event with an open bar and free snacks.
Souvenir beverage cup perks
Souvenir cup details will be updated soon!
Swag and Merchandise
All merchandise that is available as a badge perk will also be available for sale to the public at the registration desk during the Con.
Collecting your Swag
When you first arrive at the con, you need to check in at the registration desk, where you’ll receive your badge, event tickets, any swag, etc. The registration desk is located at the coat check on the main level and will be open:
- Check in times will be announced closer to con dates
Submit and register for events
You can submit a game until December 31st to host/GM. Event Registration begins in mid-January for Diamond and Platinum, with dates for other badges following. Please follow our facebook page for up-to-date information on event registration.
I purchased a badge, but now I can’t attend. Can I get a refund?
We are sorry you can no longer attend. Sadly, our refund date has passed. If you purchased a badge type that included merchandise pickup, your reserved merchandise will be returned to stock for sale. You can still purchase merchandise from our Marketplace for shipment to your home. After the deadline there are NO refunds. Your money will be used to continue to make Gary Con a success— and we hope to see you next year!