Welcome to the Gary Con family! In order to attend, your first step is to purchase a badge. Note in this day and age Gary Con 2021 is Virtual. Your badge is your ticket to get into the gaming area, whether in person or virtual, and take part in all the fun. There are different perks associated with the different badge levels. See summaries below to compare badges and help you decide what is best for you. After purchasing a badge, you can register to host or play games. See the Events page for details and timing around submitting games you want to host or registering to play games. If you need lodging for a physical convention see the Travel & Hotel page for more info.
Badge Pre-registration is typically scheduled for July each year. Please check the website and our social media sites for any updates.
There are 2 ways to purchase badge: on the web before the Con or at the door on the day of the Con, IF ANY REMAIN AVAILABLE.
Preregistered Badges are purchased online through Tabletop Events and let you get guaranteed space to play events at Gary Con, whether virtual or physical. As the convention grows the number of badges available for sale at the door will decrease, so its best to buy a badge package in advance. Certain badge package levels give you additional perks. See below for details. If you are ready to see where to buy your badge package, click the button below.
Badges purchased at the door do not let you pre-register for Con events. You are left to chance to find open seats at games you wish to play. However, there are always open tables for open gaming for all badge holders. You can buy single day badges at the door.
Purchasing more than one badge
If you want to purchase badge packages for family members or other guests, you may add additional badges to your shopping cart prior to checkout. However, each attendee may only have one badge.
Benefits of different levels of badge levels
Player Badge Packages:
- Silver: NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2021. This is overwhelmingly the most popular choice for Gary Con attendees! Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con and Standard Event Registration.
- Gold: NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2021. Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Gold Event Registration, Official Gary Con T-Shirt, Choice of one Collectible Stadium Cup, either Soda OR Beer and a cool Swag Bag.
- Ethereal: This is the basic virtual badge. It grants you access to all 4 days of Gary Con and Standard Registration.
Premier Badge Packages:
- Platinum: NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2021. Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Platinum Premier Event Registration, VIP Cocktail Reception (Thursday Evening), Official T-Shirt and Platinum Swag Bag.
- Diamond: NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2021. This level of access is only for the most dedicated fans — only a very few of these badges are available! Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Diamond Premier Event Registration, Invitation to the Diamond Dinner with Luke Gygax and select Guests of Honor Thursday 6 pm at the Chop House, VIP Cocktail Reception (Thursday Evening), Official T-Shirt and an exclusive Diamond Swag Bag.
- Astral: This is the Virtual Gold Badge equivalent You get access to all four days, plus virtual swag and earlier registration than the ethereal badges.
- Elemental: This is the top tier virtual badge equivalent to a a Platinum Bagde. You get access to all four days, premier registration and the top virtual swag bag.
- Youth: NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2021. Children 8 and under require this badge to enter the Con, and must be with a legal guardian who has a valid Gary Con badge. Youth badges are free!
- Spectator: NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2021. Reserved for family members who attend the convention but don’t play games — or for those that just want to wander the event, talk to attendees, VIP’s, and visit the Dealer Room. You cannot play games wearing a Spectator badge.
Badges at the door - NO PHYSICAL CON IN 2021 due to Coronavirus
Single day, weekend and four-day badges are available at the door while supplies last only. The cost is $30 per day every day. A different color badge will be sold for each day Thursday through Sunday. You can buy single day badges at the door if there are any available. Gary Con is growing so we may have to stop selling badges if we reach our maximum capacity.
Dungeon Master Discount
Dungeon Masters that successfully run multiple games will be entitled to special DM-only perks! See the GM Rewards page for more information.
What is the Diamond Dinner?
The Diamond Dinner is an exclusive for Diamond Badge Holders only event held Thursday in the Chop House restaurant at he Grand Geneva resort. Luke Gygax hosts the dinner along with 2 or more Guests of Honor. It is an opportunity to interact with the Guests privately and enjoy conversation with the group ranging from gaming to pretty much anything! Note this is a physical GC event only
What is the VIP cocktail reception?
The VIP-only Cocktail Reception is Thursday night in the hospitality lounge where you can rub elbows with the Gygax family, Guests of Honor, TSR alumni, Old Guard celebrities, and other industry notables . When you purchase a Platinum or Diamond badge, you gain access to the event with an open bar and free snacks. Note this is a physical Gary Con event only
Collectible Stadium Cup Specials - SUSPENDED DURING COVID-19
Each year there are two custom stadium cups available for attendees, the Beer Cup or the Soda Cup. The cups are identical except for their color. Each cup allows you to take advantage of one of our discounted drink specials. You get soda refills for $1 with the Soda Cup and $3 Spotted Cow Beer with the Beer Cup. As if that isn't awesome enough, during Happy Hour from 5:30-7:30 Friday and Saturday you get free soda or Spotted Cow Beer from the convention area drink stations!
Why is Spotted Cow such a big deal at Gary Con anyways? Gygax is a Swiss name and Gary was proud of his heritage. Spotted Cow is made in the Little Switzerland of Wisconsin, New Glarus. Gary loved to visit New Glarus to eat good Swiss food and drink New Glarus Brewing Co beer. So Spotted Cow is the Unofficial Official Beer of Gary Con. Make sure to enjoy it while you are in Wisconsin because New Glarus Brewing doesn't distribute their beer outside of the state.
Collecting your Badges and Swag
Check in times for all pre-registered badges will be Wednesday evening before Gary Con. Check in times will be between 3pm and 5pm. Please check the key event timeline on our website and social media for any updates closer to the beginning of the con. Stay tuned to the website, social media and email for updates based on COVID-19 impacts.
You want to GM an event at Gary Con? Thank you! Game Masters are the backbone of a convention and we always appreciate you helping bring great games to our celebration. You must have a badge in order to submit an event. You submit events on the same website where you buy a badge, GC Tabletop.Events Site. Event submission typically ends in the first week of January before the convention. Please follow our facebook page, Twitter and Instagram for up-to-date information on event registration.
I purchased a badge, but now I can't attend. Can I get a refund?
We are sorry you can no longer attend. However there are NO refunds allowed. Please come pick up any merchandise associated with your package, or provide an address and payment method for shipping and handling costs. We hope to see you next year and have you join us as we celebrate.
[table id=1 /]