Welcome to the Gary Con family! In order to attend, your first step is to purchase a badge. This badge is your ticket to get into the gaming area and take part in all the fun. There are different perks associated with the different badge levels. See the chart below for an easy way to compare badges. After purchasing a badge, you can register to host or play games. See the Events page for details and timing around submitting games you want to host or registering to play games. If you need lodging, see the Travel & Hotel page for more info.
Badge Pre-registration is scheduled for July 28th, 2018. Please check the website and our social media sites for any updates.
There are 2 ways to purchase badges: pre-sale on the web before the Con or at the door on the day of the Con.
Pre-sale badges are purchased online through Tabletop Events and let you pre-register for Con events as soon as event registration goes live in January. All pre-sale badges give you access to the Con for all 4 days. There are no single day pre-sale badges available to purchase online. Certain pre-sale badge levels give you additional perks. See the badge chart at the bottom of this page for details. If you are ready to see where to buy your badge, click the button below.
Badges purchased at the door do not let you pre-register for Con events. You are left to chance to find open seats at games you wish to play. However, there are always open tables for open gaming for all badge holders. You can buy single day badges at the door.
Purchasing more than one badge
If you want to purchase badges for family members or other guests, you may add additional badges to your shopping cart prior to checkout. However, each attendee may only have one badge.
Benefits of different levels of badge levels
- Silver: This is overwhelmingly the most popular choice for Gary Con attendees! Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Standard Event Registration and 1 Featured Event.
- Gold: Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Early Event Registration, Up to 2 Featured Events, Official Gary Con T-Shirt, Choice of either Soda OR Beer Stadium Cup and Swag Bag.
Very Important Gamer (VIG) Badges:
- Platinum: Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Premiere Event Registration, Up to 3 Featured Events, VIP Cocktail Reception (9 pm Thursday), Official T-Shirt and Platinum Swag Bag.
- Diamond: This level of access is only for the most dedicated fans — only a very few of these badges are available! Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Premiere Event Registration, Up to 6 Featured Events, Invitation to the Diamond Dinner (6-7:30 pm Thursday at the Chop House) VIP Cocktail Reception (8 pm – Midnight Thursday in the Grand Suite), Official T-Shirt and Diamond Swag Bag.
- Youth: Children 8 and under require this badge to enter the Con, and must be with a legal guardian who has a valid Gary Con badge. Youth badges are free!
- Spectator: Reserved for family members who attend the convention but don’t play games — or for those that just want to wander the event, talk to attendees, VIP’s, and visit the Dealer Room. You cannot play games wearing a Spectator badge.
Badges at the door
Single day badges are available at the door while supplies last only. The cost is $25 per day every day. A different color badge will be sold for each day Thursday through Sunday. You can buy single day badges at the door if there are any available. We have a maximum capacity of 2500 attendees.
Dungeon Master Discount
Dungeon Masters that successfully run multiple games will be entitled to special DM-only perks! See the Events page for more information.
What is the Diamond Dinner?
The Diamond Dinner is an exclusive for Diamond Badge Holders only event held Thursday at 6:00- 7:30 pm in the Chop House restaurant at he Grand Geneva resort. Luke Gygax hosts the dinner along with 2 Featured Guests from Gary Con. It is an opportunity to interact with the Guests privately and enjoy conversation with the group ranging from gaming to whatever catches our fancy
What is the VIP cocktail reception?
The VIP-only Cocktail Reception is Thursday night in the hospitality lounge where you can rub elbows with the Gygax family, TSR alumni, Old Guard celebrities, and other special guests. When you purchase a Platinum or Diamond badge, you gain access to the event with an open bar and free snacks.
Souvenir beverage cup perks
Souvenir cup details will be updated soon!
Collecting your Swag
Check in times for all pre-registered badges will be Wednesday evening before Gary Con begins.
- Check in times will be announced closer to con dates
Submit and register for events
You can submit a game until December 31st to host/GM. Event Registration begins in mid-January for Diamond and Platinum, with dates for other badges following. Please follow our facebook page for up-to-date information on event registration.
I purchased a badge, but now I can’t attend. Can I get a refund?
We are sorry you can no longer attend. Our refund deadline is December 31st each year. If it is past that date we cannot refund your badge. If you purchased a badge type that included merchandise pickup, your reserved merchandise will be returned to stock for sale. You can still purchase merchandise from our Marketplace for shipment to your home. After the deadline there are NO refunds. Your money will be used to continue to make Gary Con a success— and we hope to see you next year.
|Badge Level||Description||Total # Available||Price|
Premiere Event Registration is the earliest option and allows first access to all the events at Gary Con
|Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Premiere Event Registration, Up to 6 Featured Events, Diamond Dinner (Thurs. 6:00 - 7:30 pm), VIP Cocktail Reception (8 pm - midnight Thurs.) Official T-Shirt and Diamond Swag Bag.||11||$1,000|
Event registration opens 2 weeks prior to Standard Registration
|Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Platinum Event Registration, Up to 3 Featured Events, Early Access to the Exhibit Hall, the Official GC X T-Shirt and Platinum Swag Bag.||25||$500|
Gold Event Registration opens one week before Standard Registration
|Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Gold Event Registration, Up to 2 Featured Events, Official Gary Con T-Shirt and Swag Bag, choice of either soda or beer stadium cup.||250||$160|
|Silver||Admission to all 4 days of Gary Con, Standard Event Registration and 1 Featured Event.||1600||$75|
|Spectator||Access to the Convention grounds, but not able to purchase event tickets.||200||$20|
|Youth (8 and under)||Must be attended by an adult||100||$0|