How to Submit an Event
Gary Con needs your events!
Once again, we’re using TableTop Events to handle most of the convention’s nuts and bolts, including event submissions. To get started, you must have an account at TableTop Events: https://tabletop.events/ and you must obtain a Gary Con badge. If you ran 16 hours of events last year, you likely have a credit good for a Silver badge. Otherwise, you must purchase a badge. If you submit and run at least 16 hours of events this year, you’ll qualify for credit towards a badge for GC XII! Read more about GM rewards here .
Once you have your badge, you’re ready to begin submitting your events. Go to the conventions link at TableTop Events, and click on Gary Con XI, then click the “Submit Events” button. That click will take you to a form for submitting your first event.
Once you see the form, just work through all the fields, starting at the top of the page. Here’s an overview of all the fields:
- Event Type: Choose the entry from the menu that best fits your event.
- Name: Enter a title for your event. You’re free to choose any name you like, but please keep it family friendly. You’re limited to 60 characters, including spaces and punctuation.
- Description: Enter a brief description for your event. Anything that’s relevant to your event and family friendly is acceptable. There is a limit of 400 characters, including spaces and punctuation.
When we mention your event in print, we’ll use what you’ve entered here.
- Long Description: Use this optional field if you find that 400 characters isn’t enough to adequately describe your event, TableTop Events offers you a palette of tools for formatting your text here. You can go pretty wild with the long description, and you can add art and web links, too. One important reminder: The Description and Long Description are separate entities, please make sure both are complete and can stand on their own.
The text and enhancements you provide here will appear only online.
- Preferred Start Time: Choose a day and starting time for your event from the menu. When we schedule your event, we’ll do our utmost to give you your preferred starting time.
- Alternate Start Time: Please choose an alternate starting time is case we are unable to schedule your event at your preferred time.
- Duration: Choose a duration for your event from the menu. If you don’t see a value that exactly matches what you want, please choose the shortest duration that will fit your event.
- Max Tickets: Choose the number of tickets you’d like us to make available for your event. If your event won’t have tickets, enter a “1” here. As the game master, you don’t need a ticket, so don’t include yourself in the ticket count.
- Age Range: Choose the entry that best fits your event from the menu. Keep in mind that this is only a guideline for people to use when registering for events.
- Player Experience: Choose the entry that best fits your event from the menu. Keep in mind that this is only a guideline for people to use when registering for events.
- Game System: Find your game system on the menu. If you cannot find an entry that fits, please choose “other” and enter your game system in the comments field at the bottom of the form. We will update our list of game systems as the convention approaches.
- Comments: Use this field to tell us anything you think we should know about your event.
If you chose the “other” entry in the game system field, please enter your game system here.
Please mention any specific need you might have for your table here, along with an explanation for those needs. For example, if you plan to build a 3D temple that’s three feet wide and six feet long, we’ll need to know that.
Once you filled in all the fields on your form, please take a moment to look over everything, then you’re ready to click submit.
Once you submit your event, the system will alert the staff, who will review your event and either approve it, reject it, or ask for changes, usually within one week. Once the staff makes a decision about your event, we will contact you with an email sent to the address you provided when you created your Table Top Events account.
Once you have submitted at least one event, you can go to the My Events page in your TableTop events account https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-xi/submit-events to see the status of your event. You also can use this page to submit additional events or to edit events you’ve submitted already. This page also allows you to clone events—very handy if you’re submitting several sessions of a single event.